A reminder to complete DOT required quarterly random employee drug and alcohol screening for 1st quarter of 2022
It is the responsibility of the employer to provide random testing for all DOT (Department of Transportation) employees.
CDL drivers must be randomly tested throughout the year. An employer who employs only himself/herself as a driver, who is not leased to a motor carrier, shall implement a random testing program of two or more covered employees in the random testing selection pool as a member of a consortium.
The FMCSA agency requires random drug testing at a rate of 50% and alcohol testing at a rate of 10% tested. As an example, an employer with 100 safety sensitive employees would have to ensure that 50 or more random drug tests, and 10 or more alcohol tests were conducted during the calendar year.
CONSORTIUM/THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR (C/TPA)
MCC Drug and Alcohol Screening is an affiliated consortium. Some advantages of using a consortium as follows:
- They conduct your random testing program, including how often the selections are made.
- They have a support team available 24/7 during times you may require help.
- Records are maintained and available to you upon your request.
- They should offer to review your account with you on an annual basis.
- It’s important that they provide you with a random testing plan outlining how the program works.
For more information please visit http://www.mccdrugandalcohol.com