Electronic Audit Checklist for DOT Companies
What is a DOT alcohol and drug testing audit? The DOT audit or review regulates a company’s random alcohol and drug testing procedures and compliance.
Records that would be required by the auditor would be:
- Pre-employment screening before hiring date
- After an accident
- When there is reasonable suspicion
- At return to duty after a controlled substances or alcohol violation
- Reasonable Suspicion Supervisor Training Certificate
- Personnel list
- Random selection notifications
- FMCSA Clearinghouse full query
- FMCSA Clearinghouse annual query
- A written drug policy
- A certificate of enrollment for your consortium program
- Results from random drug tests conducted over the last 12months
If in doubt… document it!
Be aware that not being a part of a random drug and alcohol testing consortium can cause a company to automatically fail. At MCC all of our collectors are certified in DOT collections, and we utilize a DOT approved random number generator method for selection.
For further information or to learn more about FMCSA’s recommended best practices for DOT random drug and alcohol testing visit Best Practices.To learn more about the DOT’s recommendation for drug and alcohol record keeping, check out this Record Keeping Guidelines
Remember that the team at MCC is here to help you with your drug and alcohol screening program, by offering you guidance and saving you time, we allow you to focus on growing your business. Contact us today to schedule a consultation by emailing Bobbie at firstname.lastname@example.org
MCC Drug & Alcohol Screening
Keeping Compliance Simple